A main stay Thai dish, have done many cooking classes with this to demonstrate a quick, economical meal. It is easy to make "Alaskan" choices- local eggs, smoked salmon, spot shrimp… Thanks to First Light Alaska for recruiting me to offer the many classes over the years!
- 4 ounces Flat rice noodles cooked per instructions
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 oz reserved for eggs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 ounces uncooked shrimp or chicken cut into half inch pieces
- 1 egg scrambled set aside
- ½ cup fresh bean sprouts
- ½ red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
For the sauce:
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Tamari this provides a gluten free option
- 2 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- Sriracha hot sauce for garnish
- Cook noodles per instructions, rinse to cool.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons of oil in a large saute over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, chicken or tofu, garlic, and bell pepper. The shrimp will cook quickly, about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until pink. If using chicken, cook until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes, flipping only once.
- Push everything to the side of the pan. Add a little more oil and add the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs, breaking them into small pieces with a spatula as they cook.
- Add noodles, sauce, bean sprouts, and peanuts to the pan (reserving some peanuts for topping at the end). Toss everything to combine.
- Top with green onions, extra peanuts, cilantro, and lime wedges. Serve immediately!